Learning through hands-on experience
When you become a fully licensed advisor working within an Ameriprise franchise advisor practice, you’ll learn through firsthand experience and one-to-one mentoring. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Receive benefits and compensation as determined by the franchise advisor
- Learn how to successfully manage a practice from experienced advisors on your team
- Train for the opportunity to potentially acquire and manage your own client base
You’ll learn how to leverage our advisor support system, as you build your skills and develop your practice. This includes:
- Our PracticeTech® platform of integrated technology tools used to drive efficiencies in your practice
- Local marketing tools and programs to showcase the franchise brand and help acquire new clients for the practice
- Advice and solutions, including our unique approach to financial planning, to help clients meet their personal financial goals
- Training and development opportunities that will help you build knowledge and expand your skills
- Practice management tools and support to help make it easier to run the practice so the focus can be on developing client relationships
Benefits and compensation
Compensation & benefits
Determined by the franchise advisor
You’ll need to earn these required licenses and registrations:
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 63 or 66
- FINRA Series 65 or 66 (required in your resident state and every state/jurisdiction where you maintain an office)
- Life/health insurance license(s)
- Variable products
You have up to 150 days after appointment to complete all licensing. You may be required to attain additional licensures depending on the activities you are engaging in.
Associate Financial Advisors in the Ameriprise Franchise Group are not employed by Ameriprise Financial, but are employees of or contracted with a Franchise Advisor.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Investment advisory products and services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., a registered investment adviser.