Why advisors choose Ameriprise
Hundreds of advisors are joining our company every year because — quite frankly — Ameriprise is different. Here, you're backed by a strong, ethical company that puts a unique focus on doing what’s right for advisors and clients. We give you the freedom and support to run your practice your way, helping you grow your practice and develop even deeper long-lasting advisor-client relationships.
When you join Ameriprise, you'll discover unparalleled culture, support and opportunities to make a difference in your clients’ lives. That's the Ameriprise difference.
Culture & Strength
Our advisors and clients are the heart of our company. That's why we continually invest in the resources and leadership advisors need to deliver an experience that not only helps keep clients satisfied, but creates advocates. For more than 120 years, we have built a reputation on financial strength, integrity and an untarnished reputation for doing what’s right.
- America's leader in financial planning* with a holistic approach to planning that fosters lasting personal relationships and helps people feel confident about their financial future
- Since becoming an independent company in 2005, Ameriprise has invested more than $4 billion in acquisitions, new products, tools and capabilities
- Ranked #232 on the FORTUNE 500®1
- One of the most trusted investment firms2
- We’ve always upheld a strong culture of compliance.
- Ameriprise, together with its employees and advisors, gave $13M and logged 81,000 hours volunteering, supporting more than 6,500 nonprofits across the country in 2016.3
Leadership & Support
At Ameriprise Financial, we’re committed to helping advisors achieve the vision they have for their practice. Our advisor support system enables you to stand out from the competition, grow your practice and deliver an outstanding client experience.
- PracticeTech® platform of industry-leading, securely integrated technology
- Marketing resources, including our 8 Key Marketing Activities and our nationally recognized Ameriprise brand
- Advice and solutions — from financial planning tools to product and service offerings
- Training and development to enable you to stay relevant to your clients and a step ahead of the competition
- Practice management resources and services to help you to run your ideal practice
Opportunity & Rewards
To help bring your practice to the next level, we offer development opportunities and incentives, as well as exclusive benefits for advisors who qualify for our recognition programs. And we celebrate with you, with rewards and acknowledgement for your achievements. We invest in advisors who share our passions — outstanding client service, a commitment to comprehensive advice and a desire to grow. If that’s you, we stand ready to help.
With training in financial planning, support to build a successful practice and the backing of a strong, stable FORTUNE 500® company, it doesn't take long to discover why Ameriprise is different.
1 FORTUNE Magazine, June 6, 2016.
2 Ameriprise was rated 5th out of 13 investment firms in the 2015 Temkin Trust Ratings.
3 Company records.
Some support and resources are provided to franchise advisors for a fee.
This web site and the franchise sales information on this site do not constitute an offer to sell a franchise. The offer of a franchise can only be made through the delivery of a franchise disclosure document. Certain states require that we register the franchise disclosure document in those states. The communications on this web site are not directed by us to the residents of any of those states. Moreover, we will not offer or sell franchises in those states until we have registered the franchise (or obtained an applicable exemption from registration) and delivered the franchise disclosure document to the prospective franchisee in compliance with applicable law.
Associate Financial Advisors in the Ameriprise Franchise Group are not employed by Ameriprise Financial, but are employees of or contract with a Franchise Advisor. Ameriprise Financial, 1491 Ameriprise Financial Center, Minneapolis, MN 55474 MN Permit #F-3872.
Investment advisory products and services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., a registered investment adviser.