See the difference experience makes
Our Practice Acquisition team has worked with advisors in a variety of selling situations. We have the expertise and resources to anticipate your needs. We'll establish expectations up front and give hands-on support to you and the advisor you're selling to through each phase of the transition.
Here's how the process typically works:
- Share with us how you run your business and what you want for your clients.
- Provide us with your asset and revenue breakdown.
- Meet with advisors in your area who are interested in acquiring an advisory practice.
- Identify the advisor(s) who would be the best fit to serve your clients.
Offer and due diligence
- Participate in a due diligence call to discuss your practice and the options available to you.
- Review the offer for your practice.1
- Participate in the due diligence process, providing additional detail as needed.
- Work with your successor to develop an integration plan.
- Draft client communications announcing the upcoming transition.
- Plan events and face-to-face meetings where your clients will meet your successor.
- Review and sign the acquisition documents.1
- Support the transition of your practice to Ameriprise Financial according to your integration plan.
- Work with our transition managers and local leaders for the support you need to successfully transition your clients.
1 Support varies depending on your affiliation with Ameriprise. AFG advisors are encouraged to retain their own legal/tax counsel.
Investment advisory products and services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., a registered investment adviser.