Discover your talents
and strengthen your skills
Our 18-month leadership development programs (LDP) offer high achieving recent graduates full-time positions with Ameriprise. You’ll rotate through different departments within a given program and work on important projects to improve your technical experience and leadership skills. And you’ll have dedicated support from a company leader throughout the entire program.
Program highlights include:
- Professional and personal development
- Challenging and meaningful work
- Exposure to senior leaders
- Networking with peers and co-workers
- Involvement in the community
Read on for a summary of each LDP program:
Launch your career with the growth engine of Ameriprise Financial — the Personal Advisors Group.
This group includes approximately 10,000 financial advisors and a dedicated corporate staff that drives profitable growth in the employee and franchise advisor platforms.
You’ll work in three different areas within this group for six months at a time. You’ll gain valuable experience supporting advisors in areas such as:
- Compensation development
- Practice management
- Risk mitigation
- Experienced advisor recruiting
The Personal Advisors Group accepts students from a variety of educational backgrounds, including business generalists who want experience in sales and business support strategies.
This three-year actuarial rotation program offers challenging assignments modeling and managing contingent and financial risk.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual valuations of a particular line of business.
- Deliver detailed analysis behind variances in financial reporting.
- Work with projection software systems.
- Learn various regulatory requirements.
Ideal applicants have completed coursework in actuarial science, passed one or more actuarial exams, and are pursuing a Fellowship of the Society of Actuaries designation.
The Finance Leadership Development Program gives you analytical experience in accounting and reporting, decision support and enterprise finance process. As part of the program, you’ll:
- Learn how to reach bottom-line relationships between separate line items, general ledger and tax accounting, internal controls and data reporting.
- Create decision-support-based analytics for business partners and annual planning process.
Blend your finance and accounting skills on business projects involving our internal service providers and business processes.
Human Resources helps attain, inspire, develop and retain diverse talent to improve business results. You’ll get direct experience in three of the following Centers of Excellence:
- Compensation and benefits
- Employee relations
- Organizational effectiveness and development
- Talent acquisition and diversity
- HR services
- HR generalists
Ideal candidates have completed coursework in human resources and organizational effectiveness.
Explore the strategies and research required to build a powerful brand. You’ll develop critical marketing skills as you complete three rotations in the following areas:
- Consumer marketing
- Client acquisition, retirement, and wealth strategies
- Interactive strategy and marketing
- Financial planning
Ideal applicants are creative, strategic thinkers with strong communication and project management skills. Business coursework is required, with a concentration in marketing