Make your work
At Ameriprise Financial, we recognize that one size doesn’t fit all. We offer unique opportunities within multiple distinct business models – allowing students to jump start their career as a financial advisor, associate financial advisor or in a support role.
A few great opportunities for students to explore:
Ameriprise Franchise Group
The Ameriprise Franchise Group comprises more than 5,000 independent franchise advisors who employ or contract with more than 2,500 associate financial advisors. Franchise advisors provide personalized financial advice, tailored solutions, and ongoing support to clients to help them feel confident about their financial future.
Associate Financial Advisor – Associate financial advisors are fully licensed advisors who work directly for a franchise advisor in the field. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Hone your financial planning knowledge and skills
- Work with clients and gain hands-on experience supporting the practice of a successful franchise advisor
- Prepare for the opportunity to potentially manage your own client base, prospect for new clients, and recommend financial products and services.
Practice Support Roles – Practice support roles are a great way to gain experience in the industry without being a financial advisor. These roles may vary by advisor and will allow you to:
- Support the operations of running a business and servicing clients
- Learn about the business and start your career in financial planning
Hiring decisions, compensation and benefits are determined by the franchise advisor.
Ameriprise Advisor Group
The Ameriprise Advisor Group is a network of more than 2,000 employee advisors nationwide who provide personalized, one-on-one financial advice, tailored solutions, and ongoing support to clients. Employee advisors work in Ameriprise branch offices and have access to best-in-class leadership, turn-key local marketing, and built-in compliance.
Financial Advisor: Targeted Career Changer – The New Advisor Training program pairs professionals who want to build a career in financial planning and advice with an accomplished lead advisor to coach and mentor them as part of a team. You’ll also:
- Participate in nationally coordinated training and prepare to take necessary licensing exams
- Gain the skills needed to become a successful advisor committed to helping clients plan to achieve their goals
Practice Support Roles – Practice support roles are an additional opportunity in our branch offices across the country to gain experience in the financial services industry without being an advisor. These roles may vary by location, but responsibilities include:
- Servicing clients and supporting the operations of a practice
- Participating in training opportunities and leveraging your skills to mitigate risk
Ameriprise Advisor Center
The Ameriprise Advisor Center provides a great way to launch your career right out of school. You get the excitement of a sales profession with the support of a structured environment. From our headquarters in downtown Minneapolis or in Las Vegas, you’ll:
- Provide comprehensive financial planning and advice over the phone
- Share the benefits of financial planning with people who may be interested in becoming our clients
- Offer a full array of products and services to our clients
- Earn a base salary plus potential bonuses
- Learn about financial planning, consultative sales techniques, and financial products and services
- Receive health care and retirement benefits and enjoy a work/life balance
- Have the potential to advance within the Ameriprise Advisor Center, become an advisor at one of our locations nationwide, or explore our corporate positions