Make your work
meaningful and rewarding
If you’re looking for a career in financial services, we understand that one size doesn’t fit all. That’s why we offer three distinct paths f0r you to consider. Depending on your interests, you could choose a career as a financial advisor, as an associate financial advisor or in a support role.
Here are a few great opportunities for students to explore:
Ameriprise Advisor Center
The Ameriprise Advisor Center provides a great way to launch your career right out of school. You get the excitement of a sales profession with the support of a structured environment. From our headquarters in downtown Minneapolis or in Las Vegas, you’ll:
- Provide comprehensive financial planning and advice over the phone
- Share the benefits of financial planning with people who may be interested in becoming our clients
- Offer a full array of products and services to our clients
- Earn a base salary plus potential bonuses
- Learn about financial planning, consultative sales techniques, and financial products and services
- Receive health care and retirement benefits
- Have the potential to advance within the Ameriprise Advisor Center, become an advisor at one of our locations nationwide, or explore our corporate positions
Field and Advisor Support
Working in a field and advisor support role allows you the unique opportunity to observe and assist teams of established financial professionals. There’s no better way to learn the industry inside and out, and build a foundation for an expanded career in financial services.
Associate Financial Advisor — Associate financial advisors are licensed and registered advisors who work directly for a franchise advisor in the field.2 In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Hone your financial planning knowledge and skills
- Work with clients and gain hands-on experience supporting the practice of a successful franchise advisor
- Prepare for the opportunity to potentially manage your own client base, prospect for new clients, and recommend financial products and services.
Practice Support Roles — Practice support roles are a great way to gain experience in the industry without being a financial advisor. These roles may vary by advisor and location, but responsibilities may include:
- Client Service and supporting the operations of running a business
- Participating in training opportunities and leveraging your skills to mitigate risk
Hiring decisions, compensation and benefits vary by location.
Is a career as a financial advisor right for you?
1Ameriprise Financial Fourth Quarter 2012 Statistical Supplement, Dec. 31, 2012.
2Associate financial advisors are employees or contractors of an Ameriprise Financial Franchise.