We're ranked #1 by InvestmentNews for average annual payout.1
Why advisors choose Ameriprise
Hundreds of advisors are joining our company every year because — quite frankly — Ameriprise is different. Here you're backed by a strong, ethical company that puts clients and advisors first. We don't want to tell you how to run your practice. Instead, we give you the freedom and support to run it your way — efficiently growing your practice while developing even deeper relationships with clients. When you join Ameriprise, you'll discover unparalleled culture and commitment, dedication and support, and opportunity and reward. That's the Ameriprise difference.
Culture and commitment
Our culture is driven by putting clients and advisors first. We believe in our advisors and continually invest in the resources and leadership they need to deliver an experience that not only helps keep clients satisfied, but creates advocates. With a history of more than 115 years, we have built our reputation on financial strength, integrity and philanthropy. Here are just a few ways Ameriprise is different:
- Ranked #263 on the FORTUNE® 5002
- Over $700 billion in assets under management and administration3
- Third most trusted among investment firms by consumers4
- Named to the Civic 50 as one of the most civic-minded firms5
As America's leader in financial planning*, our holistic approach to planning fosters lasting personal relationships and helps people feel confident about their financial future. When you join Ameriprise, you can grow personally and professionally as you make a meaningful difference in your clients' lives.
Dedication and support
At the heart of our advisor support is the Ameriprise PracticePro℠ system, an award-winning, total client service and practice management solution that enables you to stand out from the competition, grow your practice and deliver an outstanding client experience. Best of all, you choose the resources that you need to optimize your practice and meet clients' needs.
- PracticeTech℠ platform: Industry-leading technology that helps you run your practice efficiently, manage operating costs (where applicable) and meet your clients' needs.
- Marketing: A winning combination of our 8 Key Marketing Activities and the Ameriprise brand — proven to deliver results and help you establish a commanding presence in your local market.
- Advice & solutions: Our platform and extensive suite of solutions provide you with choices to best meet each client's needs — from wide-reaching financial plans to individual investments.
- Training & development: All the inspiration, accountability and training you need is available to help you stay relevant to your clients and a step ahead of the competition at every stage of your professional journey.
- Practice management: Business management and human resource services, along with practice acquisition and succession strategies, to help you grow your practice and manage every facet of your business with confidence.
Opportunity and reward
Your growth and success are important to us. You can position your practice for top-line growth and bottom-line profit by leveraging the:
- Power of the PracticePro℠ system
- Expertise of a global financial company
- Strength of the Ameriprise brand
To help bring your practice to the next level, we offer development and incentive programs. And we celebrate with you, with rewards and recognition for your achievements. Each advisor is a valuable member of the Ameriprise family. Together, we can help you build a more confident future for you and your clients.
Hear from our field leadership
1 The "Average Annual Payout" amount reflects the total revenue received by Ameriprise in connection with its independent representatives divided by the total number of independent representatives (both franchised representatives and their associate financial advisors). This amount does not represent average or actual gross revenues, net revenues, or payouts that any representative earns or may earn. As a result, this information does not specify or imply a specific amount or range of sales or income that a prospective franchisee will or may make.
2 FORTUNE Magazine, May 20, 2013.
3 Ameriprise Financial Third Quarter 2013 Statistical Supplement.
5 Bloomberg Businessweek, Dec. 7, 2012.
6 Ameriprise Financial Fourth Quarter 2011 Statistical Supplement, December 31, 2011.
Some support and resources are provided to franchise advisors for a fee.
This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for information purposes only. Associate Financial Advisors in the Ameriprise Franchise Group are not employed by Ameriprise Financial, but are employees of or contract with a Franchise Advisor. Ameriprise Financial, 1491 Ameriprise Financial Center, Minneapolis, MN 55474 MN Permit #F-3872
In the News
“The Customer Experience Index 2014,” Forrester Research, Inc.
January 1, 2014