Training is available to support multiple practice types and stages of development plus continuing education workshops, peer-to-peer coaching and senior partnering.
Always learning, always growing
Whether you work as an employee financial advisor, own your practice or want further training for your team, you'll find ample training and development opportunities in different locations.
Learn from those who know best
Our leadership teams, marketing departments and local field representatives strive to engage financial advisors every day using a personalized approach that includes:
- Local and national training events by phone, webcast, CD-ROM and face-to-face with industry experts
- CFP® certification professional support to help you obtain or maintain your certification
- Wholesaler business consultants who can arrange to meet with you and others in your office to provide hands-on product training
- Peer-to-peer programs that allow you to meet and learn from others who have similar levels of experience and interest in financial planning topics
- Access to field vice presidents; insurance, investment and marketing specialists; corporate office sales support; and brokerage specialists who can provide ongoing guidance and coaching
Learn online with Ameriprise University
Ameriprise University is a one-stop career development resource available to all Ameriprise financial advisors. With a calendar of scheduled training events, it provides one centralized point of access online. Quickly locate programs of interest and then track your training and view your completed learning history. You can even gain continuing education credits to help you maintain your licenses. The courses are available right from your desktop, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Hear from our field leadership
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
In the News
On Wall Street