Benefits of selling your practice to an Ameriprise financial advisor
As a successful financial advisor, you've built more than a business. You've developed long-lasting relationships with clients who turn to you daily for help achieving their financial goals. Ameriprise financial advisors share that commitment to clients. With an Ameriprise financial advisor as your successor, you can have peace of mind knowing your clients will get the personalized care and support they deserve.
Here are other reasons to turn your practice over to an Ameriprise advisor.
Benefits for you
- Choose a successor who shares your values. We'll help you find an advisor you can trust to treat your clients the way you have. Ameriprise Financial has one of the nation's largest advisor forces in the U.S.1 – and you’ll have the freedom to choose the most appropriate individual or practice for your clients' needs.
- Retire your way. Decide whether to sell your practice outright, transition it over time, scale back and work with select clients, or join Ameriprise and sunset your practice to a qualifying advisor after three years. Whenever and however you choose to sell your practice, we’ll help you do it your way.
- Reap the financial rewards of the practice you've built. We’ll share industry best practices to help you structure a satisfying agreement that compensates you for the hard work and dedication you’ve put into building your business.
- Get dedicated, step-by-step support. Our team of specialists will be there for you, your clients and your successor to help manage your transition and assist with a seamless integration.
Benefits for your clients
- Personalized financial planning and advice. Our unique, holistic approach takes a broad and comprehensive view of your clients' finances. Ameriprise is America's leader in financial planning* with more CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals and financial planning clients than any retail advisory force.2
- Access to a wide range of products and services, including stocks, bonds, proprietary and nonproprietary mutual funds, insurance, cash and tax management solutions, credit cards and managed money programs.
- Fee-reimbursement. Ameriprise will reimburse ACAT and non-ACAT fees3 associated with transferring client accounts.
Whether you're planning to sell your practice or just thinking about it, contact us to talk about a succession plan.
1 Based on company filings as of December 2011.
2 Source: Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. and based on the number of financial planning clients disclosed annually, as of each firm's year-end, by registered investment advisors on www.adviserinfo.sec.gov as of Dec. 31, 2011.
3 Up to $199 per account during your first 120 days at Ameriprise.