Whenever you are ready to sell your practice, our practice acquisition team can help you develop a succession plan, locate a buyer and transfer your clients.
Benefits of selling your practice to an Ameriprise advisor
As a successful financial advisor, you've built more than a business. You've developed long-lasting relationships with clients who turn to you daily for help achieving their financial goals. Ameriprise financial advisors share that commitment to clients. With an Ameriprise financial advisor as your successor, you can have peace of mind knowing your clients will get the personalized care and support they deserve.
Other reasons to turn your practice over to an Ameriprise advisor
Benefits for you
- Choose a successor who shares your values. We'll help you find an advisor you can trust to treat your clients the way you have. We give you the freedom to choose the most appropriate individual or practice for your clients' needs.
- Retire your way. Decide whether to sell your practice outright, transition it over time, scale back and work with select clients, or join Ameriprise and sunset your practice to a qualifying advisor after three years. Whenever and however you choose to sell your practice, we'll help you do it your way.
- Reap the financial rewards of the practice you've built. We'll share industry best practices to help you structure a satisfying agreement that compensates1 you for the hard work and dedication you've put into building your business.
- Get dedicated, step-by-step support. Our team of specialists will be there for you, your clients and your successor to help manage your transition and assist with a seamless integration.
Benefits for your clients
- Personalized financial planning and advice. Our unique, holistic approach takes a broad and comprehensive view of your clients' finances. Ameriprise is America's leader in financial planning* with more CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals and financial planning clients than any retail advisory force.2
- Help achieving confidence in retirement. Research shows only 13% of American workers feel very confident about their retirement.3 Our unique Confident Retirement® approach helps clients address their retirement needs using a simple conversation, so they can feel more confident about retiring on their terms.
- Access to a wide range of products and services, including stocks, bonds, proprietary and nonproprietary mutual funds, insurance, cash and tax management solutions, credit cards and managed money programs.
- Fee-reimbursement. Ameriprise will reimburse ACAT and non-ACAT fees4 associated with transferring client accounts.
Whether you're planning to sell your practice or just thinking about it, contact us at 888.267.8370 to talk about a succession plan.
1 Franchise advisors only.
2 Source: Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. and based on the number of financial planning clients SEC'registered investment advisers disclosed annually.
3EBRI 2013 Retirement Confidence Survey.
4 Up to $199 per account during your first 120 days at Ameriprise.
Investment advisory products and services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., a registered investment adviser.