We're ranked #1 by InvestmentNews for average annual payout.1
Explore starting a new day with Ameriprise
We understand how much you do for your clients, and we think you deserve more. At Ameriprise Financial, you’re backed by a strong company whose success is built on an unwavering dedication to our clients and unmatched support for our advisors. It’s a way of doing business that has served us well over the years and has left us well-positioned to grow our company over the long term.
Here are 11 of the reasons experienced advisors have made the move to Ameriprise:
- We’ve never taken a bailout in our more than 115-year history. We continue to live up to our history of strength and stability by weathering the financial crisis without taking any TARP funds.
- We’ve invested more than $4 billion over the past five years on acquisitions, new products, tools and capabilities. Ameriprise remains strong, and we’ve earned credibility by growing responsibly, making sound investments and prudently managing risk.
- We’re America’s leader in financial planning.* With more CFP® professionals than any other firm*, we offer a unique client experience based on financial planning and advice.
- We made available to clients $700 million when the Reserve Primary Fund ceased distributions. Doing what’s right for clients is part of our Code of Conduct and simply how we do business. By doing so, we help our advisors develop deep, long-lasting client relationships.
- We have more than 2 million individual, business and institutional clients.2 And our clients are satisfied, as the majority of new clients are from referrals.
- We have more than $700 billion in assets under management and administration. 3 A testament to our advisors helping put clients’ dreams more within reach.
- We offer products from over 500 providers, including over 5,000 mutual funds and 400 SMAs. Recognizing the importance of choice, we provide advisors access to thousands of product solutions from hundreds of providers - the vast majority of which are non-proprietary. That said, clients often choose our proprietary products, including Columbia funds4 of which nine were named “Category Kings” by the Wall Street Journal in 2012.5
- We’re supporting our advisors with a multi-million dollar ad campaign. And that’s just the icing on the cake. Our advisors have access to the support they need to run their practices and grow over time - dedicated transition teams (for experienced advisors who join Ameriprise), accessible leaders, integrated technology, practice management tools, marketing resources and more.
- We have best-in-class technology, including the Thomson ONE® brokerage platform.6 Next-generation technology makes it easier for advisors to manage relationships, connect with clients and drive efficiencies enabling practice growth.
- We have a 97% retention rate for advisors who have been with us more than 10 years.7 Our advisors are loyal for many of the reasons indicated above. Of course, some join and stay to take advantage of our succession planning opportunities, which we call “Your Retirement, Your Way.” When the time is right, advisors can sell their practice to an Ameriprise financial advisor either immediately or over time. We also help our qualifying advisors purchase practices. Find out how we can help you retire your way.
- More than 2,000 advisors have moved their practices to Ameriprise since 2008. They’re finally doing what they’ve always wanted to do — making real differences in their clients’ lives.
Hear from our field leadership
1 The "Average Annual Payout" amount reflects the total revenue received by Ameriprise in connection with its independent representatives divided by the total number of independent representatives (both franchised representatives and their associate financial advisors). This amount does not represent average or actual gross revenues, net revenues, or payouts that any representative earns or may earn. As a result, this information does not specify or imply a specific amount or range of sales or income that a prospective franchisee will or may make.
2 Company data as of Dec. 31, 2010.
3 Ameriprise Financial Second Quarter 2013 quarterly earnings report.
4 Columbia is affiliated with Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
5 Wall Street Journal, “Investing in Funds: A Quarterly Analysis” issue, April 16, 2012.
6 Thomson ONE is a registered trademark of Thomson Reuters and its affiliates.
7 Ameriprise Financial 2011 10-K.
In the News
On Wall Street